After three years of pandemic restrictions, the Copyright Society of Australia, with support from UNSW Law School, is excited to present ‘COPYRIGHT N©W: Authorship, AI and Access Post-Pandemic’, the 20th Copyright Law and Practice Symposium, on Thursday 20 October 2022.
We have responded to our members’ feedback, the new working environments, and the needs of copyright professionals around Australia and made a few changes from previous years.
CSA is proud to deliver a new, fresh take on this important platform for thought leadership and debate on copyright law and practice within a one day program.
COPYRIGHT N©W SYMPOSIUM NEWS
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTS extended until 7 Oct 2022 - SEE THE PRICES HERE.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL PROGRAM - CLICK HERE.
A fresh take - What you can expect
- Full One-day Program
- World class content
- Leading experts from around the world including keynote address from Shira Perlmutter, Director, U.S. Copyright Office
- Australian and International developments
- Industry perspectives & Recent Cases
- Central Sydney CBD location
- In person and Live Streamed for the first time
- 7 CPD points (Australia only)
Thursday 20 October 2022
9:00 to 17:00
Venue: UNSW CBD Campus (& Live Stream)
Level 6, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000
COPYRIGHT N©W DRINKS & DINNER
Thursday 20 October 2022
Drinks from 18:30
Venue: The Tea Rooms
Queen Victoria Building, Sydney CBD NSW 2000
Members need to log-in to be able to purchase discounted Member tickets.
Click to LOG IN here.
FOR ALL COPYRIGHT PROFESSIONALS
This dynamic program is geared to copyright professionals in private practice, government, industry, education, academia and students across Australia, the Asia-Pacific and the broader international community.
Cutting Edge Content
- The platform liability pivot
- Copyright law and artificial intelligence
- Indigenous Culture and Intellectual Property
- Copyright policy and the role of copyright law in Australia’s Cultural Policy and Innovation Policy
- International developments
- Views from the Bench
- Copyright in datasets
- Music, publishing, television and film
7 CPD POINTS (AUST. ONLY)
World Class Speakers
Keynote address to be delivered by Shira Perlmutter, Register of Copyrights and Director, U.S. Copyright Office
- The Hon. Justice Stephen Burley
- The Hon. Dr Annabelle Bennett AC SC
- Lee Hunter, General Manager (Australia), Tik Tok
- Kaelah Ford, Intellectual Property Counsel, Canva
- Kiah Officer, Executive Counsel, Nine Networks
- Colin Golvan QC
- Kate Haddock, Chair, Australian Copyright Council and Partner, Banki Haddock Fiora
- Carolyn Hough, Executive Director, Policy Australia
- Jose Borghino, Secretary General, International Publishers Association
- Kate Hay, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- Professor Ryan Abbott, University of Surrey
- Professor Tanya Aplin, Kings College London
- Professor Lyria Bennett Moses, Allens Technology Law and Innovation Hub, UNSW
- Associate Professor Alexandra George, UNSW Law & Justice
- Dr. Rita Matulionyte, Macquarie University
- Professor Toby Walsh, UNSW Engineering